Advice On How To Minimize Alcohol Consumption In London Visit Alcohol Rehab London
If you are having a drink regularly and your weekly consumption exceeds 14 units you should be considering some of the following steps, which will help you to reduce your consumption.
You must understand that 14 units are equal to 6 pints of average strength beer or 10 small glasses of wine with a low potency.
- Engage in planning - Make sure the volume of alcohol you must not exceed is set before you even start drinking.
- Have a budget - Map out the amount of money you will spend on alcohol before going, and don't exceed it.
- Inform people around you - People around you will render help if they are aware that you wish to cut down on your alcohol use.
- You should be taking this one day at a time - you can look forward to cutting back a little daily.
- You will gradually step out of your addiction if you do this.
- Reduce the size - You can reduce the rate at which you drink and still be happy.
- Instead of purchasing pints you should be trying bottled beer or a smaller glass of wine as a replacement for a larger glass.
- Consume alcoholic beverages with a low alcoholic content - Switch to wine and beers with low alcoholic content (ABV in %) and put down the strong stuff.
- You will have no difficulties in finding this information on the bottle.
- Drink lots of water - Cultivate the habit of taking water before drinking alcohol and learn to choose soft drinks or water over alcohol.
- Pause - Every week be sure to schedule a few days where you put alcohol consumption on pause.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 for more assistance and guidance.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
The Advantages Of Minimizing Alcohol Consumption In Alcohol Rehab London
When you cut back, you will
- Feeling better in the mornings
- Less fatigued
- Positive effect on the look of your skin
- Increased feeling of fitness
- Likelihood of weight reduction
The long-term benefits of cutting down on alcohol will include
Frame of mind - Hangovers usually make one feel uncomfortable and weak, but there is a connection between excessive drinking and despair. Minimizing alcohol consumption can improve your overall temporary mind state, while further drinking can exacerbate the situation when feeling low or uneasy and worried.
Rest- Drinking impacts your sleep. Despite the ability of alcohol of helping people sleep quickly, it can also disturb your sleep patterns and prevent you from sleeping deeply. You will feel more revitalised the next morning when you minimize alcohol consumption.
Behaviour - Your behaviour and judgment could be impaired by heavy drinking. Under the influence of heavy drinking, your reasoning and calm may be lost. Drinking can cause short term loss of memory while heavy drinking may impair memories in the long term too.
Heart - Your heart could become enlarged if you drink heavily over an extended period. Abstinence is all you need to curb this situation because there is no escape from these symptoms.
Immune system - your immune system can also be affected if you have been drinking regularly. The danger of contacting infectious diseases is more on chronic alcoholics.