Drug detox and withdrawal procedures are the essential primary stages in outlining a patient's drug treatment programme. Often the impacts of the drug on the brain extend continued use and skew otherwise good judgment, It's important to have a period of no drug use in getting that person to a stable state of mind.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The plan is to get the addict to start to acknowledge his/her addiction and to decrease and ultimately put an end to substance use.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox notes that this period is a "window of opportunity" for an individual in both medical and personal crises to consider further treatment.
Detoxification - What Is It?
Detox is a series of interventions that are designed to manage acute intoxication and withdrawal symptoms, as defined by SAMHSA. Detox, which is a precursor for substance abuse treatment, can last a few days or for a longer period such as months depending on the severity of the addiction among other factors. Futures of Palm Beach boasts detox experts who can assist you to treat withdrawal symptoms effectively and get you admitted to a customised treatment plan. It is highly and professionally recommended that addicts go through a long term treatment plan as detoxification does not deal with the social, emotional, cognitive and psychological issues that arise as a result of addiction.
Steps Of Drug Detox
Detox involves three important stages in which during the last one, the patient will be transferred to either an inpatient or outpatient programme.
- It is paramount that a person receives the correct diagnosis and assessment of the addiction in order for specialists to come up with a treatment plan that will work effectively to achieve the desired results.
- The appraisal level does more than identify the addiction and the level of use; it is also helpful in determining any underlying psychological or medical conditions or complications that may be co-occurring along with the drug abuse.
- Stabilization is the stage where the patient starts withdrawing from drugs.
- The objective for this phase is to get to a substance-free condition.
- In order to help with addiction process, medication can be prescribed during this phase, especially if the user has a history of heavy use.
- After the patient has reached a certain level of level-headedness and are able to think sensibly, an authentic acceptance and admittance of drug dependency can then commence.
- The doors to recovery treatment and the user's role in the process are opened with this.
- Helping Admission Into Substance Treatment
- A report explains that the major number of individuals undergoing detox do not look for further treatment for substance abuse addiction.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- Addiction education and dedication to sobriety are two things that are stressed.
- As soon as this phase has been completed, the individual can carry on with the centre's substance treatment plan in an outpatient or inpatient environment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It is never too late to obtain medical care for your drug dependency. Get in touch with Futures of Palm Beach if addiction is taking over the lives of people you know or if it is taking over your own.
We boast a specialised treatment centre for addiction and trained experts who are committed to ensuring successful results. You have the opportunity to consult with a qualified clinician in order to figure out all the options that are available to you in the quest for a drug-free life.