Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. The way their lives could be influenced by the addiction rehab process becomes an object of fear for many - people are always afraid of grey areas. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. A recovery programme can restore a user back to living a clean, satisfying and drug-free life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detoxification Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Detoxing varies greatly depending on the type of drug and frequency it was used, but many withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care Towards the end of the treatment programme and before leaving the inpatient facility, the recovering addict will work with the therapists on a workable follow-up schedule that will help keep them from relapsing. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. Longer programs allow the patient to focus on the underlying issues of the addiction and more time to develop coping skills to live a sober life.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
Though there's not a cure for dependency, it can be dealt with successfully. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- Facilities available - These can cover several factors that help the process of recovery, like private accommodation, gourmet food, animal-assisted therapy, massages, yoga and acupuncture.
- Duration of Programme - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Location - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Kind of Program - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. What makes addiction costly
- The substance's cost
- Loss of productivity at work
- Lawful fines
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. There are many options that the programme may be prepared to accept a sliding scale payment or one that makes the charges more comfortable to pay.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. Responsibilities at home and work may not allow for one to attend an away rehab programme, so a local one will take care of the headache of making everything work out.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. Both of these require patients to live at the centre.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. The patients are also able to concentrate on getting well as they are free from distractions.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. This set-up allows an individual to continue largely freely with his/her work, home or school life whilst receiving treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient services may differ. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. Expenses of outpatient care are generally lower than those of inpatient care in light of the fact that there are fewer luxuries and less staff hours required in direct care. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Do I Risk Losing My Job When I Attend Addiction Treatment?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
You will be expected to take a break from your work for most of the inpatient programs Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programs Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Leave With Pay Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehabs In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
In general, there are countless different manners to receive assistance as an employee, and looking for treatment for addiction will at all times be better for your career, your health, and your life overall in the long term.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury treatment has a lot of amenities and upscale surrounding when compared to a basic rehab centre. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
Celebrities, high-level executives, and other public figures frequently select a luxury rehabilitation for all the exclusive facilities, privacy and the possibility that they will be amongst their peers, but any individual can attend these kinds of programmes when the cost involved can be covered by the insurance, out-of-pocket payments, or a combination of the two.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. In case you aren't sure what sort of treatment program is ideal for you or a friend or family member and might want to examine recovery and recuperation alternatives support, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk with a recovery solution agent.