Finding Addiction Therapy
A number of therapy interventions are aimed at equipping addicts with relevant information on the origin of your addiction also provide counselling sessions geared towards suitable recovery program of choice. People who had recovered or are currently battling addiction knows how difficult this predicament is. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
Get in touch with us on 0800 246 1509 for the necessary assistance to assist you to get the right rehab centre where you can receive useful professional advice.
If they come into the picture, overcoming the problem become easier as they are an integral part of the process that will help the addict break the habit.
Addiction counsellors can assist you during the therapy process and develop a personalized program for recovery and aftercare. Recovering patients have access to several treatment options enable to gradually improve and beat addiction.
Functions Of A Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
The benefits of counselling are indispensable in a rehabilitation program whether it is inpatient or outpatient.
In addition, addiction counsellors will administrate group therapy sessions that frequently include family members or other people in addiction treatment.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Conducting personal sessions to educate the patient on how the addiction happened and what to do to recover.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Assisting you develop an aftercare plan based on the care applicable to you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Model Addiction Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. These information are crucial in providing the best approach to managing and designing the recovery plan for the patient.
Treatment and analysis can be conducted by any professional addiction adviser. The determination a of a therapist to ensure that addicts are helped to overcome their addiction permanently is the best attribute a counsellor must possess.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
The old method of applying psychotherapy has been taken over by the new method; these new options are of diverse forms. Some of these healing programs are
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- One of the qualities that an addict needs is the courage and inner strength to cope with challenging conditions, this can be achieved if the addict is treated with DBT.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- The secret behind this treatment program is to relax individual state of mind to identify drug craving behaviour patterns and treat addiction dependency from its root and not from the symptoms.
- Holistic Treatment
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- Holistic approach to addiction therapy program encourages patients to share intimate fears and concerns in a friendly and warm communication environment during counselling with peers and counsellor.
- Art therapy, yoga, and equine therapy are some of these treatment plans.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
The Indispensable Value Of Addiction Counselling
Building an assumption that you don't require any advice regarding your abuse problem, can be life threatening.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.