What Is Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
The known techniques of overcoming addiction can be used to with holistic therapy which does not involve the use of medicine. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
The methods used for addiction recovery feature holistic therapy programs, which are personalised and non-medical. The objective of the therapy is to have holistic therapists treat the physical and the symptoms of mental addiction along with any emotional and nutritional imbalances, which may be present.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Increasing self-confidence
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Holistic therapy addresses the various areas that constitute a healthy lifestyle.
The main practices involve
- Nutritional Therapy
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- The human body needs proper nutrition so as to be able to recover well and this can allow the recovering users to start on a strong base.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- Exercising daily can assist in building a helpful routine which can relieve stress and strengthen the body.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- If one has been using the drugs for sometime, stimulation of the acupoints is another effective way of overcoming the addiction.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Detoxification program with medical supervision
- Comprehensive medical care
- Personal psychological support
Many addicts who are looking forward to recovering also to attend twelve-step groups like Narcotics Anonymous And Alcoholics Anonymous for the emotional support they need.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. Yoga and meditation is well compatible with psychotherapy in giving patients practical knowledge about the ways to control psychological pressure. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.