What Am I Allowed To Bring To Rehab
Rehab treatment centres permit certain things and prohibit certain items; you should know the policy of your rehab treatment facility beforehand.
What you can carry to rehabilitation is subject to clinics' severe regulations. Majority of them has a prescribed essential list and exceptions to bring with you during your stay at the centre.
The admittance procedure usually starts as soon as you get to the rehab. Your clinic's welcome staff will check your bags to guarantee safety and that nothing forbidden is sneaked through. A checklist is provided by some clinics to make sure no items are forgot once treatment is over.
Supplies are permitted in the therapy clinics. The policies on the kind of items you can carry will vary according to the centres.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Knowing The Packing Requirements Of Your Rehab
The rehab will always notify you of all the items that are not allowed in their facility. In case this page is missing, you must check the FAQ page which too can contain packing information. Some centres are known to offer packing checklists, which is printable that you can refer to while packing. Alternatively, you can get in touch directly with the rehab administrators. The staff will guide you on this matter. This will also be an opportune moment for you to inquire about anything that you were not sure with.
What Most Rehab Centres Recommend You To Carry
The policy of every rehab centre is different, and some can be expected to be stricter than the others.
These are some of the things that you will find allowed in most rehabs
- A list of names, home addresses, and telephone numbers of the people you want to be part of your therapy (those you care about, medical professionals, 12 step guarantors, etc.).
- Jewels like your wedding ring or a watch that you wear every day and deem as necessary.
- On the contrary, keep your valued objects at your dwelling.
- A clock with an alarm but not one with radio.
- You will be provided these items in some facilities, so confirm about this before purchasing one.
- Existing prescription medication should have complete and accurate labels and original container.
- If you are taking a liquid drug, the bottle must be sealed.
- It is recommended to carry the names of every medication you are taking and its dose with you.
- Some money but not a lot of it.
- Credit cards that will be used to cater for the expenses inside the rehab.
- Your insurance cards along with a method of identification [driver's license, passport, etc.].
- A calling card [if the facility chosen by you needs them for long-distance phone calls].
- A journal or diary.
- Stamps and envelopes for mailing letters if you wish to.
- Pictures of your loved ones to be retained within your room or your wallet.
- There are some items that you will get inside the rehab.
- You can bring your own, but rehabs usually allow books of some specific genre only like self-help, spiritually-oriented, etc.
- Tip It is better if you bring paperbacks than hardcovers because they are lighter.
The Attire You Should Have With You
You need to be aware of what clothes are permitted in the rehab you are going to. You can prepare yourself by carrying a cloth that can be comfortable in all types of weather.
Pack only that many clothes which can be easily accommodated in your room.
Laundry spaces are accessible in a facility so you can plan your clothes packing based on that amenity. Packing on clothing that is easy to wash and will not require dry-cleaning will prove helpful.
You should carry along about seven days of comfortable and with appropriate clothing, including the following
- Shoes Comfortable shoes for everyday use, tennis shoes for activities/sports and flip-flops for the shower.
- Shirts You need to make sure you bring the shirts that are allowed in that facility, tank tops need to be accompanied by cardigans.
- Pants Comfortable pants fit for any occasion
- Shorts Lengths may be determined by the centre to comply with a dress code.
- One or two smart dresses for special occasions.
- Fresh and clean pairs of socks.
- Bathing suit Choose one-piece suits for woman and trunks for men.
- Bathing robe.
- A belt.
- A hat some centres do not permit hats indoors.
Hygiene And Beauty Products To Take
Majority of rehabs allow only alcohol-free hygiene and cosmetic products. Some allow alcohol-containing products only when alcohol doesn't feature in the first three ingredients. You will not be allowed to carry aerosols.
These toiletries and personal products should be enough you to last thirty days especially
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Hair wash and care products
- Hair styling products (pump hair spray only)
- Feminine care products
- Shaving cream
Things You Cannot Bring To The Rehabilitation Centre
All rehabs have strict rules and do not allow certain prohibited items within the centres. These are important to warrant a safe environment that is conducive to your wellness and recovery. Please find below the list of objects that are forbidden, it may be different from clinic to clinic
- Alcohol as well as drugs
- Medicines that are not prescribed
- Materials with sexual content
- Food and drink
- Personal hygiene and beauty products that have alcohol (mouthwash, colognes, etc.)
- Unapproved and previously opened medication (even if it is prescribed)
- Nail polish, polish remover or synthetic nail associated products
- Video games and DVDs
- Sport equipment
- Clothing that is not descent
- Body sprays with strong cents
- Cleaning agents like bleach or ammonia
- Electrical devices (televisions, gaming consoles, etc.)
- Games and playing cards
- Incense or candles
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence
While you might not expect certain things to be banned, like electronic products and sport equipment, but many centres do not allow them. Retrieval will be better off without such distractions. At times, your centre will provide these items
You will also find that food from outside and drinks are banned because the centres maintain a moderate sugar and caffeine environment. Three healthy meals, beverages, and snacks are provided by the centre. You will have to inform the centre if you have any special dietary requirements or allergies.
These Items Are Permitted By Some Clinics But Not Others
Because policies differ from centre to centre, it is possible to find that some items are allowed in one and not in another. A lot of things are off limits in nearly all centres, but these items might be allowed in some
- Smartphones and Laptops
- However, the access of these items will be regulated as per the policy of your centre.
- Don't leave your charger behind.
- Some centres consider your personal smoking liberty hence they allow you to bring your cigarettes.
- You might not be allowed to bring more than a specific number of cartons.
- Vitamins and OTC Medications
- OTC medications should be brand new.
- Chewing gums
- Gums too should be unopened and sealed during admission.
- Music Players
- You might be permitted to bring along entertainment devices that can work without speakers and internet.
- Cameras are allowed by some treatment centres.
- Shaving Equipments
- Because there is risk of injury, many centres don't allow them.
- Disposable razors, however, are more often than not allowed.
- Nail Clippers
- Some allow nail clippers, some don't.
- Items To Make Your Room Feel Like Home
- You may have permission to bring your own bedding, pillows, and objects that help you feel relaxed.
- Just double check with your rehab centre if these are indeed allowed before stuffing them into your luggage.
What Will Happen To A Contraband That I Brought With Me
Your property will always be safe. In all likelihood, the centre will handover the item to the individual who accompanied you. Many others will hold the items for 24 hours until someone comes over to pick them up. Your objects can be kept at the centre until you finish your therapy.
There are higher probabilities that you will go to a clinic alone if you reached the centre by plane. You should check with the centre what items are allowed and what are not before packing. You will wish to have back your forbidden objects packed by error. In case the centre doesn't store them, request them to send the items to your home address.
Make Packing For Rehab Simple You are just required to follow the policies of the centres and ask plenty of questions if you are unsure about any items. Look for a packing checklist on the website of the rehab will make the process of packing even easier. Pack only what you need as an advice.
Reach Out For Help Today
You can guarantee yourself a more cosy life while in rehab thanks to the numerous clinics that let you do so. We can help you identify a rehab centre that will be effective for you.
We can help you find the best centre, call us today on 0800 246 1509.